Cirrus Academy Charter School District is working alongside health partners and emergency management officials at the state and local levels to monitor updates regarding the spread of the Coronavirus Disease. Local organizations, like the Macon Bibb County Government entities, the North Central Health District and local hospitals, are attending and participating in local meetings led by the Macon-Bibb County Emergency Agency to determine how each organization can best assist in preventing the spread of the disease and better inform the public on what they can do.
There are several things that can be done right now to help prevent the spread of COVID -19:
– Wash hand often with soap and hot water, wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
– Avoid contact with with people who are ill
– If you have cold like symptoms, stay home while you are sick, avoid close contact with other people, cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing wash hands regularly, and disinfect surfaces and objects.
– Avoid travel to active COVID-19 areas, it is recommended to practice enhanced precautions if you are traveling to active COVID-19 areas, especially for older
adults, infants and those with compromised immune systems.
WHAT ABOUT STUDENTS AT CIRRUS?
Custodial and maintenance staff at Cirrus Academy are being supplied with a hospital-type disinfectant and taking extended measures by sanitizing high touch areas like doorknobs and desktops, in addition to daily, routine cleaning sanitizing measures already in place. Additionally, Cirrus Academy Custodial Staff is required to ensure soap is required in all bathrooms and hand-sanitizing stations are installed in every classroom the school.
We will keep you informed as we are provided additional information or measures, If you have any specific questions , please contact your primary medical provider.